'Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience.'
-Francis Bacon

Monday 8 April 2013

Dusting off the cobwebs

Hello all,

In case you wondered (which you probably didn't) no, I didn't die. So just to clarify, in case anyone has stumbled upon this this sad little corner of cyberspace in the past few months: nope, I'm not dead. Just boring...

The past few months have actually been crazy busy, just with the daily grind of student life. This includes lessons, a lot of reading (and not enough time for reading), charity hijinks with Warwick RAG and sporting endeavours with both the Netball and Polo clubs. However, all of this is just normal... and the antics of university nights out might not have a place on the internet. You never know, my mother may one day stumble upon this blog- now that she can both use Microsoft Word and her website of choice- Ticketmaster! I'm now a fortnight in to, what the university has most hilariously  named, the Easter 'vacation'. Such funny people...

Personally, I have 3 essays to research during this time and 13,000 words to churn out, polish into proper English and check for just a  glimmer of intellect. Research has been going well, I say this simply because I have managed to motivate myself to spend many hours in the library and trawl through many an old book. The older and smellier the better. However, it is my more recent attempt to jump from research to writing that has motivated this blog. Over the past two days I have been starring at my netbook screen. The nuclear mode of StayFocused has been activated-  Facebook and Twitter are now unavailable to me. Yet sadly, the words just do not come.
Floor 3, the crazy silent floor, where even sipping water might just be too noisy!

Therefore, here we are. You're reading this. Ha! as if you're still reading! This post was motivated my my friend Andy King (a RAG colleague and amusing chap) who this evening launched a new blog, opening with a traditional 'Hello, this is my new blog' post, about being a serial Blog Abandoner. Along came the guilt; had I abandoned my blog? My poor Erasmus lovechild!

Dear Blog,
I am so sorry. Please don't doubt my affection for you, I'll try to do better. I will remember you, and I shall endeavour to use you as an outlet to see the little gems of glory in everyday life. I promise...to try...to remember. Luckily, you're not like a hamster and if I forget to take care of you, you won't die and linger in the corner of a cage I can't even see under a pile of books until the smell becomes so bad that I suddenly remember and go, Oh, ssshhhh...                                            

This week I have a lot to do. Here are my aims:

  1. FINISH at least one of my essays.
  2. Take note of something blooming marvelous in my life and tell you all (and but that I mean absolutely no one) via this lovely blog.
Bye all... HAHAHA! You're not still reading...

**If you are still here, check out Andy's blog: http://andykingwrites.wordpress.com/2013/04/07/dear-reader/. I like that it's like letters, beause as you know: I LOVE LETTERS!**

***PROOF: http://incaseyoudliketoknow.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/without-moving-anything-but-your-heart.html ***

2 comments:

  1. If you made it this far, here's a delightful song as a reward:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrIvu3w458Q

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, you've been here before. Sorry for not providing one myself. xx

      Delete